§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Hereinafter we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are defined as all information that can be used to uniquely identify a person. These are therefore data that can be traced back to a person. Personal data are all data relating to you personally, such as the first name and name, address, telephone number, e-mail addresses, user behavior, etc.
We collect personal data within the scope of data avoidance and data minimization only to such an extent and as long as these data are necessary for making use of our website, respectively as prescribed by the legislator. We take the protection of your personal data seriously and therefore strictly comply with the relevant legal regulations and this privacy statement upon collection and processing of personal data. Where the purpose of data collection ceases to exist or the statutory storage period expires, the collected data will be blocked or deleted. Our website can regularly be used without disclosure of personal data. When we collect personal data – such as your name, your address or your e-mail address -, these data are collected on a voluntary basis. Without consent expressly given by you, these data will not be disclosed to third parties. Please note that data are generally not always securely transferred via the internet. Especially in e-mail communication the protection cannot be guaranteed during data exchange.
In accordance with the principles of data avoidance and data minimization, we store personal data only for as long as necessary or prescribed by the legislator (statutory storage period). Where the purpose of collected information ceases to exist or the storage period expires, we block or delete the data.
(2) The controller according to Article 4 para. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the company Düsseldorfer Innovations- u. Technologiezentrum GmbH, Merowingerplatz 1a, 40225 Düsseldorf (see our imprint). For lack of fulfillment of Article 38 GDPR and Section 38 Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), the appointment of a data protection officer is not required.
(3) When you contact us via e-mail or by means of a contact form, the data provided by you (your e-mail address, where necessary your name and your telephone number) are stored by us, in order to answer your questions. We delete the data produced for that purpose as soon as the storage is no longer necessary, or restrict the processing in cases where statutory retention obligations apply.
(4) If we use contracted service providers or wish to use your data for promotional purposes where individual functions of our offer are concerned, we will inform you in detail about the respective procedures below. We will then also specify the criteria determined for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights, in relation to us, where your personal data are concerned:
Right to information (Article 15 GDPR),
Right to rectification (Article 16 GDPR),
Right to erasure (Article 17 GDPR),
Right to restriction of processing (Article 18 GDPR),
Right to object to processing (Article 21 GDPR),
Right to data portability (Article 20 GDPR).
(2) You have furthermore the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority concerning the processing of your personal data by us (Article 77 GDPR).
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) Where our website is merely used for informational purposes, thus when you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data transmitted by your browser to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us in order to show you our website and to guarantee both stability and security (see Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR as legal basis):
Date and time of the enquiry
Time zone different to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Content of the request (concrete page)
Access status / HTTP status code
Amount of data in each case transferred
Website from where the request was sent
Operating system and user interface
Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the above mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files, which are assigned to the browser used by you on your hard disk, are stored and serve to supply the body setting the cookie (here: placed by us) with specific information. Cookies are unable to execute programs or deliver viruses to your computer. They serve to make the internet offer as a whole more user-friendly and effective.
a) The following types of cookies are used on this website to the extent and with the functioning explained below:
Transient cookies (see b)
Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. In particular, these include session cookies, which store a so-called session ID making it possible to assign different enquiries from your browser to the joint session. Your computer can thus be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted, as soon as you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted upon expiration of a defined period, which may differ depending on the cookie concerned. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings in compliance with your wishes, and for example refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you might then be unable to use all functions of this website.
f) The flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser, but by your flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects, which are saved on your terminal device. These objects store the necessary data regardless of the browser used by you, and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not wish any processing of flash cookies, you must install a corresponding add-on, such as “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox
or the Adobe flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using the private mode in your browser. We furthermore advise you to regularly delete your cookies and the browser history manually.
§ 4 Newsletter
(1) With your consent you can subscribe to our Newsletter, by which we keep you informed about our current interesting offers. The promoted goods and services are specified in the declaration of consent.
(2) We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for Newsletter registration purposes. After your registration, we send you en e-mail to the provided e-mail-address, in which we ask you to confirm that you wish us to send you our Newsletter. If you fail to confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. We furthermore in each case store your IP addresses used, as well as the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, where necessary, clear up any misuse of your personal data.
(3) The only compulsory detail for sending the Newsletter is your e-mail address. Additional, separately marked data are provided on a voluntary basis and are used for being able to address you personally. After your confirmation, we save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you our Newsletter. See Article 6 para. 1, sentence 1 lit. a GDPR as legal basis.
(4) You may revoke your consent to the sending of the Newsletter at any time, and unsubscribe from the Newsletter. Your revocation can be declared by clicking on the link provided in every Newsletter e-mail, by using this website form, via e-mail addressed to email@example.com, or by sending a message to the contact data specified in the imprint.
§ 5 SSL encryption
Our website uses an SSL encryption, where the transmission of confidential or personal contents of our users is concerned. This encryption is for example activated during the processing of payment transactions and for enquiries which you address to us via our website. Please note that the SSL encryption is activated during corresponding activities from your side. The use of such encryption is easy to recognize: The display in your browser line changes from “http://” to “https://”. SSL-encrypted data are not readable by third parties. Please make sure that you only transmit your confidential information during activated SSL encryption, and please contact us in case of doubt.
§ 6 Use of Web Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, which is a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, which are text files saved on your computer and make it possible to analyze to what extent you use the website. The information generated through the cookie about your website usage is normally transferred to a US-located server of Google, where such information is stored. Where the IP anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address is however previously shortened by Google within member states of the European Union, or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA). It is only in exceptional cases that the full IP address is transferred to a US-located server of Google, and shortened at that place. Acting on behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use such information for evaluating your website usage, compiling reports on the website activities, and rendering additional services to the website operator in connection with the website and internet usage.
(2) The IP address transferred from your browser through Google Analytics is not merged with other data of Google.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies through a corresponding setting of your browser software; please note, however, that in this case you might be unable to use all functions of this website to the full extent. You can furthermore prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and referring to your website usage (including your IP address) and the processing of these data by Google, when you download and install the browser plug-in provided under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”, which helps to further process IP addresses in a shortened form, so that a direct reference to your person can be excluded. If the data collected about you cover a personal reference, such reference will thus immediately be eliminated and the personal data will thus be deleted without delay.
(5) We use Google Analytics in order to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. The obtained statistics help us to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as user. With regard to exceptional cases where personal data are transferred to the USA, Google subjected to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. See Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR as legal basis for the use of Google Analytics.
(6) Information about the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
User terms: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html
Outline of privacy: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html
Privacy statement: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
(7) This website moreover uses Google Analytics for a cross-device analysis of streams of visitors, performed via a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your usage in your client account under “My data”, “personal data”.
§ 7 Use of social media plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Google+. For this purpose we use the so-called two-click solution. This means that when you visit our site, basically no personal data are initially disclosed to the plug-in providers. You recognize the plug-in provider on the marking in the box showing his first letter, or the logo. We offer you the opportunity to directly communicate with the plug-in provider by pressing the button. Only when you click on the marked box and thus have it activated, the plug-in provider will obtain the information that you entered the corresponding website presenting our online offer. Furthermore the data mentioned in clause 3 of this statement will be transmitted. By activating the plug-in, personal data are thus transmitted from you to the respective plug-in provider, where they are stored (with US-American providers in the USA). Since the plug-in provider collects the data especially by using cookies, we advise you to delete all cookies prior to clicking the greyed-out box on the security settings of your browser.
(2) We have neither an influence on the collected data and data processing operations, nor are we familiar with the full extent of data collection, the purposes of processing and the storage periods. Likewise, no information about the deletion of collected data by the plug-in provider is available to us.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as user profiles, and uses these data for purposes such as advertising, market research and/or a needs-based design of his website. Such evaluation (also as far as users not logged into the system are concerned) especially serves to present needs-oriented advertising, and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the development of such user profiles; in order to exercise this right, you must contact the respective plug-in provider. The plug-ins help us to give you the opportunity to interact with the social networks and other users, thus to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. See Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR as legal basis for the use of plug-ins.
(4) The data transfer occurs irrespective of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and have logged into that account. If you have logged into the account with the plug-in provider, your data collected with us will be directly assigned to your account existing with the plug-in provider. If you press the activated button and for example link the page, the plug-in provider will also store this information in your user account and will publicly communicate such information to your contacts. We advise you to regularly log out of the system after using a social network, and especially prior to activating the button, as you are then able to avoid an assignment to your profile with the plug-in provider.
(5) You obtain additional information about the purpose and extent of data collection and data processing by the plug-in provider from the privacy statements of these providers set out below. Here, you also obtain further information about your pertinent rights and configuration options serving to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URLs with their privacy notices:
Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de.
Google subjected to the EU-US Privacy-Shield,
§ 8 Inclusion of Google Maps
(1) On this website, we use the offering of Google Maps. This helps us to display interactive maps on the website directly, and enables you to comfortably use the map function.
(2) When you visit the website, Google obtains the information that you entered the corresponding sub-page of our website. Furthermore the data mentioned under clause 3 of this statement are transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether Google provides a user account for your login, or whether no such user account exists. When you are logged in to Google, your data are directly assigned to your account. If you do not wish to have your profile assigned at Google, you must log out prior to activating the button. Google stores your data as user profiles and uses these data for the purpose of advertising, market research and/or needs-based design of its website. Such evaluation (even as far as users not logged into the system are concerned) especially serves to produce needs-oriented advertising, and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the development of such user profiles; in order to exercise this right, you must contact Google.
(3) You obtain additional information about the purpose and extent of data collection and data processing by the plug-in provider from the privacy statements of the respective provider. Here, you also obtain further information about your pertinent rights and configuration options serving to protect your privacy:
Google also processes your personal data in the USA, and subjected to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 9 Information, erasure, blocking
You can always receive cost-free information about your personal data stored by us, as well as about the origin, recipient and purpose of data collection and data processing. You also have the right to demand rectification, blocking or deletion of your data. Excluded from this are data retained on the grounds of statutory regulations, or needed for proper business processing. To ensure that data can be blocked at any time, data are retained in a lock file for control purposes. Where data are not covered by a statutory archiving obligation, we delete your data on your request. Where the archiving obligation applies, we block your data. For all questions and concerns regarding the rectification, blocking or deletion of personal data, please contact us under the contact data specified in this privacy statement, respectively at the address indicated in the imprint.
§ 10 Amendment to our privacy statement
In order to guarantee that our privacy statement in each case complies with the current legal requirements, we expressly reserve the right to amend the privacy statement at any time. This also applies in cases where the privacy statement must be adjusted as a result of new or revised deliverables, for example new services. The new privacy statement will then be applicable on the occasion of your next visit to our offering site.
Düsseldorf – May 2018